Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Putting pictures on my wall...

Tonight, I had the privilege of celebrating the life of one of my brothers here at school.
It was in the form of a
completely unexpected surprise party. We begun with games and some snacks,
and a special gift suited just for
him (in the form of a dance to one of his favourite songs), also a note book on
the table for people to write
birthday wishes in, and then moving to sharing with him things we appreciate about him,
asking him what his
hopes for the future are and then praying over him. This reminded me of how important
 it is to share our hopes
with one another and to lift one another up in prayer. Even though I don't know this
brother all that well, my
heart was full of praise and prayer for his life and the things the Lord has done and is
 doing in his life. Also, I was
so encouraged to continue to strive to glorify God completely and fully with my life.
 This is definitely a picture
worth putting on the wall of my memories...one of celebration of what the Lord has
done and also a reminder of
how good it is to have friends who love God.

No comments:

Post a Comment