Monday, November 21, 2011

Rainy Day Writings...

It's days like today where I could curl up under my fleece blanket with a mug of hot apple cider and watch a good old fashioned Winnie The Pooh movie.

I woke to the sound of pouring rain outside my forest side window, got ready for the day grabbed a slice of left over soy Hawaiian pizza and hit the road to Duncan in search of Christmas gifts for my family. I left Duncan empty handed, but did find two new thrift shops I will be saying "hello" to again in the future!

Now, in attempts to "not waste time" I started filling out some paper work I have been putting off for a while, turned on my "no flame" candle I was ever so blessed to receive on my birthday this past Saturday and have the best intentions of spending some good time in the two books I've been reading lately. Though I know this room won't be my home forever, it's beginning to feel a little homely and I need that for this time. I am so very thankful for my room here in the lodge.

I think I forgot about how cold it feels here. Since last week, most days in the office have been brightened by the roaring fire close to the desk Alicia and I work at. Sometimes a smiling face comes through the door and my heart is rejuvenated through sweet conversation with the students at meals. God is good and He is here. It's crazy to think that I am back here at camp for a full 13 months. This place of changed hearts and lives, adventures and ocean life. I look up to see the mountain top glazed with snow and can't wait till it finally makes its way to the ground my feet are standing on. Having a white November would be lovely.

It's time to get back into "not waste time" mode.
Until next time...
"Keep your stick on the ice" - Red Green


No comments:

Post a Comment