Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Little Gem

Yesterday evening a good friend and I had the privilege of having tea with an older woman from our church. We met her in the adult Sunday school class where we were reading through Titus 2. When we were discussing the passage and came across the part where it talked about the older women teaching the younger women she asked: "Do the younger women even want to spend time with the older women?" My friend and I answered with a resounding "YES!". Thus leading us to the tea, pie and good conversation of last night. Our new friend shared with us a few pages from her devotional book. How sweet it is to be taught by someone with so much life experience and so much knowledge of the things of God. She sent us each home with a poem she had come across and though the words are simple they spoke volumes to my heart.

JESUS, I like what I am because
It was Your idea
Help me to find adventure
In my uniqueness, and not want to be 
What someone else is.

GOD, if I lose sight of the fun of 
Being me, then
Your dream of what I can be in
The world will die,

Always help me to remember
That this is Your way
Of being creative.

-Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment