Sunday, May 5, 2013

Traveling...

Finally, after 6 months of being in one place, I go to travel a bit and see a little more of Australia. It was a last minute trip and perfect timing! 

I flew from the Gold Coast Airport (which is right across the highway from my house) to Sydney. There I was met by my friend Matthew (who I know from Qwanoes and Briercrest/Kaleo) and went surfing for the day with him and some friends he made during his stay in Sydney. He was flying out of Sydney later that afternoon, so it was perfect timing! I was stoked that I got to use a short board. It made it more difficult to stand up on a wave, but I managed to stand on one! This is a big improvement from using a longboard (which I normally do.)
 We left Maroubra Beach (where we surfed), and I was dropped off at Central Train Station where I caught a train to meet Emily and Phil Stibbs (more friends from Qwanoes) at Quaker Park and drove from there to the Blue Mountains where they live and train with Youth Specialities at a Christian camp. 
 It was such a retreat to be with them and reminisce about camp, laugh and just catch up. 
We went mountain biking (which I loved!) and they took me to my first ever Rugby League game, which I also really enjoyed!(Even though the Panthers beat the Eels 46-12)

 We made homemade meat pies (which is a very Aussie thing)


 And they took me to see the 3 sisters. 

 Little fact Phil taught me while we were at the 3 sisters...
The Blue Mountains are called "Blue" because the dust from the eucalyptus trees flies up into the air and causes the trees to look blue!
Em and Phil blessed my socks off while I was staying with them. It was such perfect timing and I felt like I had been on a week long retreat by the time I returned to the Gold Coast. Thank-You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment