Thursday, March 6, 2008

Broken...

I have been learning a lot lately what it means to trust in the Lord. I thought that I pretty much had that
down pat...(how naive can one be!?!), but obviously I have a lot to learn.

Today, I find myself as a college student with no summer job to pay off loans, no idea of what I'm going
to do, and no idea of what I want at all. There is so much more to this, but this is about all that I can put
into words at the moment.

Though I am fragile in this time, I take great comfort in knowing that God is providing for me. Already,
He has provided me with a friend to talk with, pray with, and even cry with. I am truly humbled by His
endless love and compassion.

This is where I sit, eyes sore from crying (for the first time since the summer), soul tired of trying to do
things on my own for too long; I'm learning to trust the One who's got it all under control. As I was drifting
off to sleep the other night He said "Relax Keerst. It's ok, I've got it under control. I know what I'm doing.
I've got it." It meant so much to me, and it still does; but now I have no choice but to trust Him, no excuse
not to, and even if I wanted to, I have nowhere else to go. Though it is hard, I am glad that I am where I
am now. And I know that I am going to be ok; I just need to let Him take control.

No comments:

Post a Comment