Saturday, March 8, 2008



"If I could give you anything right now,

I would give you a candle that burns as brightly as
the light within you,

the light you are...

I would say don't let the well-intentioned extinguish it.

Don't let the mean-spirited blow it out.

Don't let your light flicker and fade on days that you feel like giving up.

The world is large and no one can illuminate it alone,
but it is amazing how
a single candle can light so many others.

The world needs your light.

Hold your candle high."

-Cheryl Hawkinson



This poem was a huge reminder to me. Isn't it true that one person can make a great difference.
I think for myself, I am too easily swayed by what others say and my fear of what they think also
have an enormous effect on my decisions. I don't want my life to be dictated by others, I want the
only one who has an effect on anything I do to be God. And I want Him to effect everything I do. I
want Him to be my reason, my only reason....every thought, every word, every step, every smile,
every laugh, every song, every picture, every breath; everything. I could go on and on, and those
who know me would agree:P. I love the Lord I serve....I am a daughter of the King and Creator of
the universe! I need to be reminded of that. It's late and I've had a crazy week, and a great day...

Praising and learning to trust Him completely,

Keerst

Psalm 8 (my fav!)

No comments:

Post a Comment