Monday, June 16, 2008

Whatever Lies Ahead...

Life as I knew it,..well, has never really stayed the same
since my family packed up and moved back to Winkler,
MB. Since living here, there has always been a constant
shift, change of pace or new development to keep me
occupied.

Not to say that constant change is bad, because I think
it can be very good. Where I am at now thought, I have
started to become obsessed with finding out and or/
planning what lies around the next hill or turn in the
road. I am open to whatever is out there...but it just can't
be in Winkler...hehe...just kidding. Strangely, I am even
open to that option as well. Though it will take much more
work to put my all into remaining here, I know that if this is
where God wants me, I can do it with His help.

I feel as if I have not left the classroom since I left
Briercrest at the end of April, but have stepped into a much
different and more challenging school of thought and have
come across many different types of 'exams' so to speak
(or write). I have come across new challenges, friends,
family, and I have also crossed bridges I never thought
I would gain the courage to attempt.

Yet, as I write these things, I am coming to the
realization that these are all apart of God's plan for my
life and who He is making and molding me into. I am me,
and I always be, but I want to be more and more of a being
who belongs fully and completely to Christ. I want to
think like He does, love like He loves, and forgive like He
forgives. I know these things are impossible, yet I can't help
but to strive to be more like Him and to try with everything
in me to follow the example of Christ.

I don't quite know what I am trying to say here, other than
I can never be ready for anything; but as I learn to seek the
Lord every day and as I grow in my faith and trust in Him,
I know without a doubt, He will never fail me; and that "I
can do everything through Him who gives me strength."
(Phil 4:13)

As I was talking with a friend on the phone the other night,
He reminded me not to be afraid to dream because as it
reminds us in Jer 29:11, the plans God has for us are not to
harm us, but are to give us hope and a future. Also that
all things work for the good of those who love God (Romans 8:28)
and that 'All things' doesn't exclude anything. I have
nothing, NOTHING to worry about.

Please pray that I remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment