Sunday, November 14, 2010

mmm Saturday...

Tami and I made cauliflower chick-pea curry.

Yesterday was P.D. day at MCI. While the teaching staff had their own schedule, us Deans drove up to Providence College and met with Chris Marchand who wrote the book "Restoring Rebecca" which is a book about Compassion Fatigue. Even though we had discussed the topic of the book before, it was both interesting and helpful to hear what Mr. Marchand had to say about being aware of how we are doing and making sure that we don't burn out as we are caring for the students we work with every day. Our next stop was the MCC store in Steinbach. I have never seen such a big MCC. They had a wall full of T.V.'s that actually worked! and were only $25.00! For those reading who don't know what MCC is, it stands for Mennonite Central Committee. These stores are thrift stores run by volunteers where people drop off clothes, records, mugs, tables, couches, shoes, table clothes, anything they don't want anymore and it is sold to help MCC missionaries around the world. Needless to say, it was a successful and entertaining trip.

This weekend I moved back into my parent's basement until the next couple I will be house-sitting for leave on missions in the U.S. on December 17th. While it's been nice living so close to work and church I've been missing sharing a home with others. Although I'm not looking forward to the 1hour commute each day, it will be good to be close to Winkler and have a chance to catch up with friends and some family. Already tonight I was blessed by good company and conversation as Tami and I cooked and enjoyed dinner and Chai in front of the fire.
That's my update for now. Until next time, I will continue to listen to "Your Hands" by J.J. Heller on YouTube over and over annnd over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment