Thursday, September 22, 2011

Roast Beef for Dinner?...

It's definitely a big change moving from Manitoba to BC. Different job, different friends, different food even. I never thought I would miss working at a school where the most served meal in the cafeteria was roast beef (we found out later that one of the students was paying for part of their tuition in cattle!). Last year was a big learning year for me. It was a hard year, but a good one at that. I really do miss my co-workers and students. From good conversation, to puddle sliding in the field, to catching the students in the act of committing their grad prank, God worked in so many unique ways. It was a good year. 


This year is a new year. It will also be a good year. Everything has its ups and downs; and things take time to get used to. I've been learning some things...


1) "Waiting for my life to begin" needs to stop now. It started long ago, and that wasn't after I graduated from college...
2) I like sushi! (Especially on Saltspring Island!)
3) Sleeping under the stars gets better each time.
4) Sleeping on hard ground doesn't. 
5) Rainy days don't ruin things. (Especially when you have a wonderful green rain coat and a pair of puddle boots!)
6) Community is something that's hard to find and hard to leave behind.
7) There's something wonderful about fosferescents on a rainy night and seeing the fish light up green as they swim out from under the dock that causes my heart to skip a beat.
8) Skype is a wonderful tool that makes it possible to feel like you're practically in the same room as those you love (...and also keep up with the renos going on at home!).
9) The sound of rain out my window as I dose off to sleep NEVER gets old. 
10) Waiting for mail takes longer than watching water as I wait for it to boil.
11) Summer weather can never stay too long.
12) There's always an adventure to be had. Sometimes it just needs to be found.
13) Thrift Store and Used Book Store shopping = true love. 
14) Canoe + ATV+me = pain.
15) Watching the sun rise is epic.
16) New beginnings are hard, but in the end they're worth it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment